Sunday 28 August 2011

Last Days of Summer !

Hello !
It has been a week since I last posted and how the days have flown ! We seem to be into those last few precious Summer days which you just want to relish and for them never to end, but aren't the evenings starting to draw in ? Still there is lots to look forward to; I have some Papercraft classes starting very soon and have lots of lovely seasonal themes including a Christmas card club !!! Also very exciting, a new Stampin' Up catalogue is on the horizon with lots of new merchandise !!! I'll keep you posted !


Today I have a simple invitation card to show you. I made these invites for the dinner party I gave for my daughter and her friends to celebrate her 18th birthday. I had to keep the card simple and elegant and Rosie chose a colour theme of ivory and wine red. On the day the room and table were also colour themed but I added in some cerise pink which sounds odd but it just lifted the scheme which was on a much bigger scale than the cards shown here. I also added table bling so everything sparkled when the candles were lit; it was very pretty !


The cardstock is pebbled and has a lovely texture, I then stamped a simple lace design to one side and overstamped a flourish to which I added a flower and some bling. The other side was given a punched edge and inked to highlight. The chandelier stamp was perfect for a dinner party and the whole card is very understated. Inside is a neat printed invite personalised for each guest; these are so easy to do on the computer nowadays and so long as you choose an appropriate font and colour co-ordinate everything it is simple to get a professional look !

Have you had a play with your inks and craft bits recently ? I don't mean have you crafted, but have you really played, got messy and experimented ? The cards above were purposefully made for a reason and I loved making them but sometimes it is so nice to sit down and just mess around and try new things. Most of us have craft bits which we have never played with, so get them and out, get a friend round to join you with a chocolate stash and some cupcakes and try some new techniques ! Better still, join a craft class, it's nice to craft with kindred spirits, there are lots starting up now and lots well established. My own Stampin' Up classes starting in the Autumn run in the Worcester/Malvern area and there are many all around the country run by other demonstrators, just check on the Stampin' Up UK website. My contact details are on my profile link above and I am looking for new class members, you will be made most welcome !!!
Today's quote tells you a lot about my approach to art and craft !

"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and HAVING FUN !!!" ~ Mary Lou Cook. 

Until next time, have a great week !
Hugs Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !