Wednesday 17 August 2011

Little Girl Stamp !

I have used this little stamp so much since I bought it back in March , and to be truthful I was drawn to it because it reminded me of my gorgeous daughter Rosie when she was around three to four years old ! She always wore a little hat when she went out, she had a whole collection of them, most of which we probably still have !


For this card I stamped in brown ( Early Expresso ink from Stampin' Up, they are the best inks ever and I just won't buy any others now ) and then picked up the pink with a watercolour brush just to accent the image. I have stamped onto handmade paper and torn and punched the edges before mounting onto a toile like paper, I haven't overmatched the colours, just chosen peachy tones to blend in. 
The card was for my daughter on completion of her exams this year !


I chalked over the general image for this one, which had been stamped onto lovely textured card and then mounted onto a pearlised card. Think about the textures you use and try and make some nice contrasts when planning your cards; remember, use good quality card for your base, you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear !!! And no, that is not my quote for today's post although it is a great saying!  As my card's today feature a cute little bunny here is a quote from one of my favourite authors :

" Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen." ~ John Steinbeck

This really is true of creativity; you learn a few new skills which get your creative juices flowing and pick up hints and ideas from other crafters and soon you need to start keeping a design ideas notebook because your poor brain can't store it all !!! I keep several notebooks just to jot down ideas I have seen in shop window displays and magazines or on craft blogs like this one . I am considering one by my bedside as lots of ideas pop into my head at the end of the day !
Happy crafting ! Do come again soon !
Hugs Jane ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !