Tuesday 20 September 2011

Blueberry Crisp Postcards !

Good Morning !
Well I think we may have seen the last of those Summer days and Autumn is upon us!
The light is changing and taking on that Autumn glow and we are starting to get those lovely pinky golden sunsets, and of course the leaves in the garden are turning. We have a lot of maples and they are just gorgeous, even on a dull day like today ! Even though I have always lived in or very near the countryside I think I have become more tuned in with the passing of the seasons and all those subtle changes as I have grown older. Maybe I just have more time to appreciate it's loveliness , but I really notice how the air smells different, the colours change from day to day.......simple pleasures!


Now to the point of this post ! The cards I have for you today are made using Stampin' Up products, specifically using the lovely Blueberry Crisp papers (retiring at the end of September in the UK ). They reminded me of blue and white china which I passionately collect so I took this as my theme and did some postcard inspired cards.



The postcard stamp is from a Christmas stamp set and I have used "Sense of Time" (also retiring) , "Vintage Vogue" and  "French Foliage" stamps along with just about every blue ink in the current range and the very useful Crumb Cake ink ! I have used my tried and trust stamp layering technique which usually works as long as you don't overdo it ! I have also used the eyelet border punch to create a neat corner; you need to punch so you can see the underside and insert your corner at a 45 degree angle into the punch and line it up carefully, it works !!!


Here is a close up of the flower detail; no bling or pearls this time, this project is already quite busy ! Again leave a small margin when cutting out stamped images to define the shape.


When I get an idea I will usually explore the theme by making lots of similar cards or little projects. I am having fun with this one and have some more pieces to show you over the next few days. This one uses some of the designer paper as a background and I have stamped the main card too so everything ties together. You just can't buy cards like ones that you create yourself so why not have a go. You can start with a couple of well chosen stamp sets, a few co~ordinating inks and some good quality card, a pair of scissors and some glue and your'e set to go and create ! If you have any questions about the projects shown I am happy to help and advise; just contact me via the link on my profile above.

Until next time , hugs Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !