Friday 30 September 2011

New Christmas Designs for 2011 !

Good Morning !
I have had a busy week designing my Christmas range for 2011 to sell under the banner of  "Petite Fleur Paperie" ~ gosh, I seem to be a bit late as there are already Christmas cards in the shops !!! These will be available in the next week to order (contact via the link on my profile ! ) and cost £12.50 for five cards and envelopes tied up with red gingham ribbon plus £1 P&P if you wish them to be posted out first class ~ UK only sorry !



I wanted to get a balance between traditional and modern and I hope I have achieved that ! The cards are 15cm square ( 6"x6" ) and all have a stamped greeting inside as well as an embossed and stamped card front. They will vary as each one is hand made and I have added a small amount of iridescent glitter for festive sparkle ~ more designs to come soon ! The glitter does not show too well on the photos; it is very 'icy' and quite subtle but makes the cards a little more special !



I have used a combination of two stamps and green and red inks from Stampin' Up, all other supplies from elsewhere. I nearly always use cream / ivory as a background  
card colour but I thought snow and snowflakes and stepped out of my comfort zone and went for white and liked the results ! They do look very fresh and clean and the traditional reds and greens look so nice against white.


It has been a bizzare week as I have found myself making Christmas cards during what is un~seasonally hot weather for us here in the UK; yesterday we were sweltering in 31 degrees of almost unbearable heat !!! Furthermore there are leaves on the ground and the trees look distinctively Autumnal !!!
I haven't given you all a quote for a while so I found this one from Pablo Picasso ~

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up ."

How true is that ? We all admire our children's artist efforts and proudly display them in every nook and cranny of our homes when they are small and then for most it all fizzles out ! So, I challenge you today to go and play with your paper, inks and stamps like a child would; there are no rights and wrongs and by doing so you will probably discover new ways of doing things and creating in a way you may have not yet tried ! Have fun and thank you for stopping by !
Hugs Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !