Wednesday 7 September 2011

Time to Think About Christmas Cards !!!

Oh no , I hear you cry ! I have to say that I do love to get organised early, call me a swot if you want, but I really enjoy the Christmas season and from September onwards like to do a bit each week towards the planning and making of cards and gifts  ! By the time the day arrives at least most of plans have come to fruition, but of course there are always last minute things that I have forgotten so I then join in with the hysteria with everyone else !!!!




I have three cards for you you today that I made as samples for my business. The first features a very simple little snowman that I drew and coloured and used as a topper. The background is stamped with two sizes of snowflake and I have used a patterned paper featuring snowmen and double mounted my drawing onto duck egg blue card which is edge inked and hand cut to add interest. Two little trees were stamped and cut out and, rare for me, I used a ready made sentiment. No christmas card would be complete with bling, so I blinged the snowflakes, which look so pretty ! ( Click on the image for a good close up ! )



These are so quick to make and if I have a lot to do I set up a production line for just doing the back grounds; this saves on ink and you are then not constantly having to clean your stamps to change the colour. This one has a hand stamped sentiment but there are so many gorgeous Christmas papers around it's nice to include them in your projects at this time of year.


For this card I cut around the scalloped pattern in the paper to make the layer under the topper and used a colour theme of olive, wine red, sage green and duck egg blue. They are a nod to traditional colours with a subtle twist ! Sometimes those bright reds and emerald greens are just too obvious and too often used; just go a few shades either side of these colours and you have something a little different.

Do please contact me if you have any questions about the projects shown or ned some help or advice; I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for stopping by, take care until next time !
Hugs Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !