Tuesday 29 November 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas !

Good Morning !
Actually I'm not  ! Especially after last winter; us Brits are bemoaning the dreadful weather we endured during the last Christmas season and beyond (and before !!!). I'm not sure we'll ever stop talking about it !
Anyway, I have some snowy cards for you today as I continue with my white on white theme . I have embossed both these cards and used a background stamp ( "Bella Toile " ) which sadly retired  but " French Filigree " or " Parlour Prints " from the new catalogue will give a similar effect or a smaller swirly type stamp randomly repeated like the one from "Creative Elements ".



The card stock is whisper white and naturals ivory for the embossed designer frame; I have also used some vellum left over from one of  the cards in the previous post. My punches are getting lots of use nowadays; the white band across the card is made from the lace ribbon border. The snowflake is stamped from " Delicate Doilies " and the sentiment from " Winter Post ". The pale gold powder is non SU as I wanted a very pastel finish to this card. I then added some SU pearls but I need to do some detective work as one seems to have made the great escape (I've just spotted it's missing as I am writing this post ) !


Here is more detail; I use sahara sand to stamp the sentiment as it is so subtle.


I started with a very vanilla base for my next card and used the gold powder again and some white too, just to lift the scheme. Everything else SU except the swirls, it just needed something extra ! Similar swirls could be stamped and trimmed out from " Everything Eleanor ". The smaller snowflake is from " Winter Post " and the frame embossed from the set of designer frames.


I love working in this limited colour palette; white, silver and grey  (use the second and third print from the ink basic grey ) also look lovely enhanced with some rhinestones and don't be afraid to mixup all the pale neutrals as they look gorgeous together !

I have my lovely ladies coming later for their fortnightly class (Christmas cards of course)!

Thank for your visit, do stop by again ! 
Hugs Jane x




3 comments:

  1. I love the elegant look of these cream and gold cards Jane! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so beautiful Jane - thanks for a lovely crafty afternoon too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just got around to looking at your blog and I am in love with the white on white cards you have made x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !