Tuesday 8 November 2011

Paisley Petals Cards !

As promised I have been beavering away so I can share these cards with you. I got a bit carried away with the flower from the " Creative Elements " stamp set; it prints so well and looks three dimensional, I love it ! The papers go well with this stamp set and I enjoyed mixing the elements together. I hope you like the results !




This card is all gorgeous cherry cobbler; such a grown up red ! The card stock is naturals ivory and I have added some punched lace in very vanilla, sentiment is from " Sincere Salutations ". Here is a close up view of the flowers; the paler one is the second print in cherry cobbler ink !



I shall be making some of these cards with my craft group in the new year; just in that little lull you get before you launch into making Valentines cards ! It is still too early to be doing all Christmas crafts but I have to admit that it is tempting as I have so much to make !


Sometimes I like to add small amounts of DSP to a card, just to add some interest. This is a mix of layered elements and I've added some texture to my marina mist card stock with the perfect polka dots embossing folder. There is more card lace and a sentiment from " Notably Ornate ". These colours go so well as they are from opposite ends of the colour spectrum, the flower is stamped in cajun craze.


This next card on marina mist card stock was stamped with whisper white ink before added a few flowers some of which are set over the edge of the page; everything doesn't have to be in the middle !


More lace and a sentiment and a bee ! This quick card is simple and uses a limited colour pallet as a nice contrast to the previous more complex design where I got a bit carried away ! 


My last card is a combination of two papers from Paisley Petals; I'm saving the larger patterns for covering journals and scrapbooking.  Everything SU except the punched border. I had a little play dissecting punches and stamped images  and added more of those lovely flowers stamped in old olive , cajun craze and sahara sand. The middle flower was inked with the neutral and then I used my cajun craze stampin' write marker to add detail.
Here is a closer view.


Must go and tidy up now before starting my next project ! I'm so messy when I am crafting; I just don't know how it happens ! I will leave you with a funny quote from an unknown author which I think probably applies to us all !

"I'm creative - you can't expect me to neat too ! "

Have fun crafting today and thank you for your visit !
Hugs Jane x








3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Jane - such beautiful colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely cards Jane - the first and second are my favourites! I don't yet have Creative Elements (but note the 'yet'!) Loving the Paisley Petals papers! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning and I love what you did with the decorative label punch, I may just have to case that if you don't mind? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !