Tuesday 29 January 2013

Distressed Dots Valentines Cards !

Hello ! I have had a great time making these quick and easy cards to share with you today - they are four of a kind - all using the gorgeous large stamp Distressed Dots as a background . The cards are made from A4 - two cards from each piece and I used a retired card stock as it gave me the look I wanted but whisper white is just fine or even some of the glossy card might be nice ! 



They are fairly self explanatory - I matted the dotted layer to give more substance to the card and just sponged the edges for definition - on a simple card things like this make a difference ! They are so simple you could make these with children - they would enjoy making their own phrases - mine are a bit basic but you get the idea !!! 
Note : I do not own the new letter dies so used the sizzlits that were recently retired - apart from the lower case card idea you will get almost the same effect ! 



Supplies List :
Card Stock : Retired confetti white , pretty in pink  and rose red.
Stamps : Distressed Dots , Established Elegance  and Artistic Etchings
DSP : Fan fair 
Dies/Punches : Scalloped heart of hearts embosslit, itty bitty shapes punch  3/16" corner punch , scallop trim border and scallop edge border. 
Inks : riding hood red and pretty in pink 
Accessories : pearls 



Valentines day will be with us before we know; I am planning to do more samples in my more traditional style but these were very enjoyable to make too ! 
Happy crafting and do come again ! 
Hugs Jane x






2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !