Friday 29 March 2013

Botanical Picture and Stamped Frame !

Happy Easter ! How lovely to see some sun now we are into the Easter weekend and it's very welcome after all the snow and ice !!! I have a stamped picture frame to share with you today - I have been trying to make a few home decor items as a change from the cards and scrapbook pages ! I have had these very cheap pine frames for ages and wish they were still available as they are perfect for this project ! I applied a couple of layers of acrylic paint and let it dry well in between - I chose a colour not unlike Baja Breeze and gave it a rough paint as I didn't want it to look perfect ! 



I have two hints to share with you which will help if you want to try this project ! 
1) When heat embossing go for the high heat setting and work as quickly as possible to avoid lifting the acrylic paint underneath .
2) Load your ink well onto the stamp as the wood does absorb a little - be firm when stamping but don't squidge !!!! ( You know what I mean !!! ) 


Supplies used : 
Stamp sets : Postage Due , Swallowtail , Kindness Matters Papaya Collage, Nature Walk and En Francais 
Inks and Embossing Powders : Wisteria wonder , baja breeze , crumb cake and basic grey inks plus white embossing powder
Card stock : naturals white , silver and watercolour paper 
Accessories : rhinestones and dazzling details !  


Have a peaceful and happy Easter break ! Back soon with more home decor ! By the way , if you were wondering how you keep items like this dust free - just give it a once over with a cool hairdryer !!!! 
Hugs Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !