Friday 10 May 2013

This and That Journal Cover !

Journal covers are quite difficult because all the lovely things you want to put on , you can't because the cover takes a lot of wear and tear ! I wanted to add one of my shabby flowers but they are so delicate and so added a rosette instead made using the scoring board . After I had scored , before I pleated it , I ran one edge through a punch - this was probably a mistake because it has weakened the edge but it does look pretty ! Everything is well stuck down and if I have to make a new rosette when this one gets tatty it's not the end of the world ! 



I really like the embossed hexagons on the cover of the journal and didn't want to lose them by covering the front with a DSP but didn't want to add more hexagons ! So , I swished the white ink pad several times over the cover ( I let it dry in between to build up the white ) and inked the edge in crumb cake . The hexagons stood out more after this , which I was happy about and I had a nice background on which to stamp. I worked within the limited colour palette of the journal bundle , just using - white , basic grey, crumb cake and pool party !  



I need to do the back cover to match so I'll ink it up in white and just stamp some ferns and script with the odd vintage postage stamp ! I am going to do some more pages soon but off to SU training in Telford tomorrow so very excited !!!! 
Have a great weekend wherever you are and thanks for your visit !!! 
Hugs Jane xxx

6 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I had trouble deciding what to do with my journal, and my Stampin Up! group is holding a stamp camp soon. I hope its OK to CASE this look. You used some of my favorite stamps, En Francais and Postage Due! The Basic Gray, Black, and White look amazing together. The blue rosette is a lovely choice. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this journal. I love the technique and the style. The color choices are great. I just couldn't decide what to do with my This and That journal, but you've sparked my imagination. I love En Francais and Postage Due.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane it was lovely to meet you today and I must say I am looking forward to seeing a lot more of your journal, the front cover is fab-u-lous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jane..was lovely to see you again at telford... How did you do the hexagons ..stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. A real Wow. Thanks for getting me kickstarted on my own journal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your inspiration.....I to was having a problem trying to decide what I wanted to do ..... I fell in love with yours, you have inspired me...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !