Sunday 21 July 2013

Six Sided Sampler Bundle Vintage Quilt Card !

Hello ! I have been having a couple of days in painting furniture - I have discovered Annie Sloan's Chalk paint and everything that doesn't move is being given the Shabby Chic treatment !!! We have been in this house for 17 years and and it just needs a bit of a makeover so , in between paint coats drying I am crafting !!!!!
I have a shabby vintage quilt style card to show you today made from a quite contemporary stamp set - Six Sided Sampler - it comes on it's own or in a bundle along with it's matching punch. I have used both to make the card starting with stamping on very vanilla card stock using a variety of pastel ink shades and stamp sets which are flowery or chintz in theme. Then I stamped over this using the hexagon which gives a stitched outline from the set and then punched all the hexagons out ! I then glued them all to some card ( pre-cut to fit the front of my card base ) and the bits you trim off will amazingly fill in all your gaps - I don't know how this happens - it's magic !!! 
Here is a close up of how it looks ! 




It doesn't matter if they are not perfectly matched up - this all adds to the hand made charm !!!! When the hexagons are well glued down run the whole panel through an embossing folder - I used the new Beautifully Baroque folder as I wanted the panel to look like a shabby vintage quilt ! 
I then mounted it onto my card front after distressing the edges a little. 



I have seen similar cards like this on Pinterest and of course beautiful inspirational images of faded vintage quilts - this is my version and I added some of the delicious new Ruffle Stretch Trim because it looked like the old fashioned ruffles on vintage quilts ! 
Thanks for taking the time to visit ! 
Hugs Jane xx






1 comment:

  1. Yes so like a quilt I used to have when I was small, more than happy for you to CASe my cards, thanks for looking today xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !