Thursday 16 January 2014

Follow My Heart Valentine Banner !

Hello ! I have been waiting for the last two hours for the sun to come out so I could take some decent photos of today's project in natural light ! Using the stamps sets featured in the previous card project I have put together a little Valentine banner - the pennants could be used as card fronts but I'm using mine as a little piece of home decor ! The large hearts were die cut from Coaster Board with the framelits heart set and sponged with crumb cake ink to define ! I then used the roses stamp from Best of Flowers to edge some of the hearts - my inks were raspberry ripple and primrose petals ( I like my vintage reds ! ). I hadn't used the coaster board until now and I just love it - it was perfect for this project where I wanted a card with a bit more substance ! 







I added some vellum to make a pocket on two of the pennants - it was embossed with perfect polka dots ! I made the flowers from stamped filter paper and the roses from raspberry ripple card stock . The scalloped edge on the vanilla heart was made by punching out lots of tiny hearts in red and then laying them on the reverse of the big heart around the edge - it was really quick to do ! 
Thank you so much for your visit - do come again ! 






3 comments:

  1. I love your Valentine Banner Jane and think this would be a great class project...... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane
    Love this banner.... Stunning....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !