Monday 31 March 2014

Soho Subway Travel Log !

Hello !! I have been photographing my travel log to share with you today before I put it all together - yes I have almost finished it !! It has been quite a challenge for me because there are so many fabulous journals out there but I wanted to do something from scratch that was all mine ! It doesn't come near the amazing creations that Peg my upline puts together but I am still a novice at this aspect of crafting ( i.e. anything that involves too much Maths !! ). Today I am showing you the basic journal made at this point from three sheets of 12x12 card stock - the finished item measures 7x91/2 inches but as you will see - it folds out to reveal lots of pockets, tags and surfaces to record your travels on and add photos, tickets etc....
Warning !!! Photo heavy post .....












The file folder pages are to be inserted using hinges made with the tag topper punches - the idea was to create lots of surfaces for photos ! What you are seeing here are the bare bones of the journal in the hope that you can understand how it was constructed when you see the completed article ! I have also used washi tape to make some of the hinges ! Two embossing folders were used to add texture - the Ampersand and Alphabet Press - DSP is Soho Subway which inspires the whole theme of the project and co-ordinates with my inks which are - crisp cantaloupe, early expresso, island indigo , soft sky , summer starfruit, smokey slate and marina mist . 
When it is put together it will all make sense so please do pop back to see the journal without it's photos tomorrow and then completed with photos at the end of the week ! 
Happy crafting ! 
Hugs Jane x










1 comment:

  1. Looking really good Jane, I'm looking forward to seeing more and I'm sure in real life it's totally amazing! Hope to get to see it soon xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment !
I really enjoy reading your lovely messages !